We help our clients achieve their communication and marketing objectives by connecting the arts, business and community through distinctive publishing, digital media and advertising sales services.
We contribute to an equitable and diverse culture in which the arts and humanities thrive in everyday life.
In 1969, Philbrook Heppner founded Encore Publishing, Inc. to create the first Encore Magazine of the Arts, which also included performance programs for the Portland Opera. 50 years later, having undergone numerous name, logo and address changes, not to mention a technological revolution in the production of its printed materials, Encore remains as committed as ever to fusing our love of the arts with a deep knowledge in printing and publishing.
- Encore Magazine of the Arts shortens its name to Encore for the 1972–73 season
- Encore expands into the Greater Seattle Area with the Seattle Opera
- Encore further expands its client list to include Oregon Symphony, Portland Center Stage, Celebrity Attractions and Northwest Chamber Music Festival
- Current President and son of founder Philbrook, Paul Heppner, joins the company as an ad sales account executive in the Seattle office
- Encore adds Greater Seattle Area clients Seattle Symphony, Seattle Rep, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Broadway Center for the Performing Arts (now Tacoma Arts Live), ACT Theatre and Intiman Theatre
- Encore wins the Mayor’s Small Business Award in Seattle
- Paul Heppner purchases the company from his father and Encore shifts its headquarters from Portland to a new Seattle office
- The first issue of Seattle Gallery Exhibitions Magazine is published on behalf of local gallery owners
- Encore represents ad sales for Bumbershoot 25th Anniversary Program Guide and Group Health’s Northwest Health Magazine
- Encore launches its website
- A perfect-bound commemorative issue highlights Seattle Opera’s Der Ring des Nibelungen
- Encore expands to San Francisco Bay Area with the addition of San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Ballet and more
- Encore kicks off a long-standing relationship with SIFF by publishing the official festival program guide
- City Arts magazine publishes its first issue
- Encore produces its first major events including City Arts Fest, Genre Bender, Art Walk Awards and Band Crush
- Encore launches all-new website dedicated to performing arts in the Greater Seattle Area and San Francisco Bay Area
- Encore celebrates 50 years with new branding on all its arts programs
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Accounting & Office Manager
Brand & Creative Manager
Assistant Production Manager